Thursday, July 3, 2014

4 hours to go and still packing!

7/2/2014   Last minute push.... got home from minneapolis at 11pm, and just finished packing my pack for tomorrow's big sendoff at 5:30!  Jeff, Malcolm and Una are driving us to the Oregon Border, and we will start south of Ashland, where I5 crosses. We hope to start around 1pm and hike 9 miles tomorrow (or should i say today!)

My pack weighs more than I hoped.... 52 pounds, including 6 L of water, 37 lbs w/o water. Our first stretch is pretty dry, so we need to carry as much as we can.  I also, at the last minute decided to add a second pair of shoes. You may know that I sprained my ankle, so i had to switch out my trail runners for actual hiking boots... here is one of the contenders :)


Well, better motivate myself and get to bed!


PS, here is a photo of the resupply packages I sent.... we have to mail food ahead to 5 locations!

No comments:

Post a Comment