Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Getting Ready, getting excited!

6/1/2014 My first post ever! Here I am in minneapolis for Hailey's volleyball Junior Nationals, and there's no reception in the rooms to do much of anything on-line, so I rushed downstairs the minute Kylie made this great blog, and am just testing it to make sure it works! hope so!

Anyway, we are off in less than 2 days... Thursday 7/3 at 5:30am is departure for our ceremonious dumping off at the crossroads of the PCT and I5, right at the Oregon border. 

I'm all packed, and unless i can do without my shorts, my pack weighs in at 47 pounds....arrrgh! About 15 pounds is water though, and it will be much needed as we start the first section. There are 3 sections where we have to go about 2 days with just the water we carry. who would have known Oregon would be so dry!!!!

But my lingering worry is my ankle. i sprained it in a very lovely attempt to throw myself and my pack off the side of mt. Tam... (that was after 5 stings from a wasp nest).... it's doing much better, and i've been a good girl, icing and elevating it, visiting the Chiropractor (thanks dr harvey!) and masseuse (thank you rick!), 3 ankle massages here in minneapolis, 2 pair of hiking boots later, and now a compression sleeve on my leg. I think i'm 80% better. it feels pretty good, but not sure how it will be once i get my pack on.

I"m so excited to hike with my 2 great Sistah's with Blistas! Connor and Kylie! cant wait to get started!
i'll write more later, just want to make sure this works

jean 


No comments:

Post a Comment